Town Center One
8950 SW 74 Court, Suite 2201
Miami, Florida 33156PhoneFax
Theodore R. Bayer has extensive and varied legal experience. He began his career in New York as an adjuster for Allstate Insurance Co. in 1966. He went on active duty for training as a member of the US Army Reserves in 1967. In 1968 he joined the Law Office of Robert Eliasberg, as counsel to the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of New York City. In 1972, he served as a lawyer for the United Federation of Teachers of New York City before moving to South Florida.
He has practiced continuously in South Florida since 1972, as an associate at Fuller Brumer Moss Cohen & Rodgers until 1974 and at Krongold & Bass until 1976. He opened his own practice in 1976, became a partner at Tobin, Bayer & Jacobson in 1980, reopened his private practice in 1987 and has been operating it continuously ever since.
His varied general practice has consisted of both transactional work and litigation in real estate and corporate matters. He has regularly advised and represented individuals, businesses and community associations. He has provided estate planning and has represented numerous Personal Representatives and Guardians.
He has been AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell since 1998, an honor reserved to those who are ranked the highest in a confidential, peer-review survey of legal ability and general ethical standards. He was also the recipient of the 2004 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award in probate from the Miami-Dade County “Put Something Back” program.
Alternative dispute resolution has been another important aspect of his legal work. He has been certified by the State of Florida as a civil circuit and county court mediator for over 25 years and is certified as a mediator for insurance and community association matters. He has served for over 35 years as an Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. and for the past 9 years as a neutral arbitrator for FINRA.
Mr. Bayer's practice has focused on real estate, business and probate matters. He has regularly represented:
- Clients in purchases and sales of properties and businesses, and in litigation arising from those transactions
- Community associations, advising boards of directors, collecting delinquent assessments and enforcing rules
- Personal representatives and beneficiaries in the probate of estates
- Business Law
- Community Association Law
- Estate Planning
- General Practice
- Real Estate
- 1967, New York
- 1972, Florida
- Syracuse University, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.A., Political Science
- The Florida Bar
- Student Government President, Syracuse University, 1962-1963
- Pinsky Scholar, Syracuse University College of Law, 1963-1966
- Editorial Assistant, Syracuse University Law Review, 1964-1965
- Certified Civil Circuit and County Court Mediator, State of Florida
- Mediator: Department of Financial Services
- Mediator: Division of Condominiums
- Certified Arbitrator, State of Florida
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator, FINRA
- Umpire, Windstorm Insurance Network
- U.S. Army Reserves, 1966-1972
Call 305-670-6300 or contact us online to schedule a case analysis
While our law office is located in Miami, we handle matters throughout South Florida including in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Monroe and Collier counties. Call 305-670-6300 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.